Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A new role at Google

For the last four years, I've been working at Google, supporting the Google Books project as a Software Engineer in Test.  There's at least a blog post and a half to be written about how that role fits within Google's larger development practices, and the opportunities it provided to see what automated testing could do with Google-scale hardware and software behind it.  I enjoyed it, and loved the team; I've spent more time with the team of SET's behind Google Books than with any previous team in my career.

This project also served as a capstone of 10 years in which my primary professional focus has been building software that helps software builders build software: frameworks, code analysis, testing.

Starting today, I'm excited to be shifting my focus back toward end users, as I join the team behind the Books app for Android, working on feature development.  This also marks the first time in 3 years that I go back to being a full-time user of JUnit, which I'm quite happy about.

2012 should be exciting.  If there's something you've always wanted an eBook to do for you, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment